JYM partners with Cultural Vistas to facilitate internships during the semester break or during the second semester.
• Full-Year students may apply for an internship during the semester break (Feb-Mar) or during the second semester (Sommersemester). Please note that internships during the semester break may not be taken for credit.
• Second-Semester-Only students may apply for an internship during the second semester (Sommersemester).
• JYM pays the Placement Fee for students who accept an internship offer arranged by Cultural Vistas.
• Check the box "Internship with Cultural Vistas" on the JYM Application Form. On the Proposed Schedule of Courses, enter JYG 5890 Overseas Internship (Cr. 3) if you intend to earn credit for the internship.
• Download, complete and save the Cultural Vistas Internship Form below. Then email it to JYM@wayne.edu by the date indicated (please type "Cultural Vistas Internship" in the Subject line of your message)
Cultural Vistas Internship Form - full year students (PDF) March 15 deadline
Cultural Vistas Internship Form - second semester only students (PDF) Oct. 1 deadline
• JYM will forward your completed Cultural Vistas Internship Form to Cultural Vistas in New York. They will then send you an email message with further instructions (so check your email regularly).
Students earn credit for academic work associated with the internship, not for the internship experience alone. In order to receive credit for an internship, students must first sign up for JYG 5890 Overseas Internship (3 credits). They may do so only if this has been approved by their home school advisor as indicated on their Application Form.
Before credit is awarded for the internship, students must submit an Internship Portfolio (PDF) to the JYM resident director by the end of the semester in which the internship occurred. This applies to internships arranged through Cultural Vistas, as well as internships students may have obtained on their own.