JYM has an online application system. Please read the following instructions before starting your application.
If at any point you have questions about the online application process, please contact Jackie Smith in the Detroit Office (JYM@wayne.edu).
You will first need to create an account to be able to login and begin the application. Click on "I do not have Login credentials" and complete the steps required. Afterwards you will login as a Non-WSU Student with your user name and password.
Here is the link to the application form: JYM Application
A complete application includes submission the following:
1) A complete online application.
2) A transcript showing coursework and grades for your first three semesters (or four quarters), or all coursework to date if you are above sophomore standing. A student copy is acceptable for the application process. If your application is accepted to JYM, you will be requested to submit an official transcript at a later date.
3) You will need to meet with your advisor to list the courses you wish to take while on JYM. This may take some time to research available courses, so plan ahead. See How to complete your Proposed Schedule of Courses.
4) A Letter of Recommendation from your most recent German language instructor that includes his/her rank and department affiliation. These recommendations will be requested as part of the online application.
5) Approval of your Proposed Schedule of Courses by your major academic advisor. This will be requested as part of the online application.
6) Approval of participation in JYM by your home institution's study abroad advisor. This will be requested as part of the online application.
7) A Personal Statement in which you describe your interest in study abroad in Germany with JYM and how you see this experience contributing to meeting your academic and career goals, as well as your personal interests, e.g. extra curricular activities and hobbies.
8) If you are applying for a Cultural Vistas internship, please check the "Cultural Visitas Internship" box on the online JYM Application form, and email the completed Cultural Vistas Internship Application Form to JYM@wayne.edu (please type "Cultural Vistas Internship" in the Subject line of your message).
9) If you wish to apply for JYM Scholarship assistance, please submit the JYM Scholarship Application Form with your JYM Application.
Junior Year in Munich
Wayne State University
401 Manoogian Hall
906 W. Warren Ave.
Detroit MI 48202